Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wizard of Oz


I am actually happy then I finally got to read this book after seeing the film so many times and hearing about it for so many years. In my film class in high school we talked about this film a lot, we even watched it while playing Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon, which changed the movie into something even more incredible. I do have to admit that I enjoy the film over the book though. The book created and solved problems too quick. A crisis would arise at the beginning of a page, but by the end of that same page it was solved for the most part. It was a very simple read, not just simple to read but there weren’t any complexities to the story. I may feel this way just because I know the film so well, but I can’t really think of a time when I was scared that any of the characters were in true danger and that any of them would actually die or be out of the story. Everything that happened was solved so fast and the good guys always prevailed so quickly and almost effortlessly that it took any true excitement out of the story for me. Unfortunately while I was reading the book I couldn’t stop comparing it to the movie, pointing out what the movie left out and what they changed. I did like the book better than the movie because more did happen, the only issue I had with is was how quickly every scenario was solved. Overall I’m happy I finally read the book but was a little surprised how much of an easy read it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment